Twenty-three high school girls in Mashhad were poisoned at school, when the heater in their classroom gave off Carbon Monoxide.
This was announced by Pir Hossein Kolivand, head of the National Emergency Room.
He said the tube leading the gas out of the room had been blocked and the gas spread in the classroom. (The state-run ROKNA news agency – January 21, 2018)
This is not the first time that girl students become victimized in unsafe classrooms. Iranian schools are not attended to. The classrooms are not safe and everyday students suffer from some kind of accident.
One of the most catastrophic accidents in Iranian schools took place in December 2012 in a girls’ school in Shinabad, in West Azerbaijan. The classroom caught on fire, two little girls died and the rest of the girls in this classroom suffered serious burns without the government offering them any effective support for treatment of these young girls.