Eleven young women were intoxicated by gas at the students’ dormitory of Parvin E’tesami University in Khuy due to leakage of carbon monoxide gas.
15 students live in this college dormitory.
Last week, too, students of a college dormitory in the city of Ilam (western Iran) were intoxicated by gas leakage and one of them lost her life. In January 2015, 50 young women of a student dormitory near Tehran’s Fatemi Square were also intoxicated.
Heating appliances are not installed according to safety standards in student college dormitories and every year a large number of students get intoxicated as a result of gas leakage.
(State-run IRNA news agency – December 22, 2015)