Sixty-seven girl students from one of the schools in Zanjan were hospitalized with symptoms of poisoning, on Sunday, October 29, 2023.
Hasan Esmkhani, the Public Relations Manager of Zanjan University of Medical Sciences, announced that following a poisoning incident at Kowsar Girls’ High School of Art in Zanjan, 36 students were transferred to Mousavi Hospital, 29 to Vali-e-Asr Hospital, one to Baqiyatollah Hospital, and one to Imam Hossein Hospital in Zanjan.
Esmkhani pointed out that 62 hospitalized girl students had been discharged with steady and desirable conditions, although five students, who were generally well, would be discharged in a few hours.
The Public Relations Manager of Zanjan University of Medical Sciences said the cause of this poisoning was being investigated. He said, “The main problem of the students admitted to the medical centers was the psychological burden and anxiety caused by the incident.” (The state-run Hamshahrionline.ir, October 29, 2023)
The poisoning incident is a stark reminder of the horrible six-month-long organized series of chemical attacks on girls’ schools from December 2022 until May 2023.
The attacks occurred in over 700 schools in over 160 cities across Iran.
Various Health Ministry, MPs, and regime officials put the number of students affected between 5,000 to 13,000 in February and early March. Tragically, at least five children lost their lives.
The Iranian regime’s response to these attacks was appalling. Instead of taking swift action to investigate and stop the attacks, the regime engaged in a denial campaign, blaming the enemies and foreign intelligence services for the attacks.
The regime’s inaction and cover-up attempts were finally concluded by an Intelligence Ministry report on April 28, which denied the use of poisonous chemicals and claimed that the chemical attacks were mischief-making by students themselves!